This one year full time course at QQI Level 4 is designed to equip VTOS students with a range of computer and office skills.
No formal education or qualifications are required. A standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3.
Candidates receive an ECDL Version 6 Certificate from ICS Skills
1. you are aged 21 years or over and:
2. currently in receipt of one of the following
*Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance or signing for credits for at least 6 months or
• Getting One-Parent Family Payment, Disability Allowance, Illness Benefit* or Invalidity Pension for at least 6 months or
• Getting Blind Pension, Deserted Wife’s Allowance/Benefit, Widow's, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension, Widow's, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Non-Contributory Pension or Prisoner’s Wife’s Allowance for at least 6 months (conditions may apply in the case of these payments) or
• A dependent spouse, civil partner or cohabitant of an eligible person
• A person who received statutory redundancy but who has not been in receipt of a qualifying payment for the required period.
Periods spent on FET training courses, Community Employment Schemes, Job Initiative, Youthreach programmes and time in prison can count towards the qualifying period.
* If you are claiming Illness Benefit, you should contact your local social welfare office about exemption/entitlement to continuation of your Illness Benefit payment.
Congratulations | Leaving Certificate | 589 points |
Awards Ceremony | VTOS | PLC | BTEI | Plunket
Repeating may seem like the end of the world but the dedicated and hard-working teachers and staff at Plunket College make repeating less stressful. I'd recommend it to anyone.
"I never thought that I would go to university because of Leaving Cert points, never mind have the opportunity to study in an area (Psychology) where it is so difficult to get a place. I owe how well I did in university in no small part to the year I spent on the Counselling & Psychology course in Plunket College; it was indispensable in getting me where I am now, a second year Psychology student in NUI Maynooth.