Each class group has a Co-Ordinator / Tutor who provides on-going support and advice to the students in addition to maintaining records and monitoring progress.
This service is available to all students throughout the year. Students may contact the Guidance Counsellor at any time for an appointment.
Click on the link below to read an Irish Times article about how parents can best support their child through exam stress.
The CDVEC Disability Support Service (DSS) is a partnership project between the National Learning Network and the City of Dublin Vocational Education Committee. The Disability Support Officer, West Connolly is currently available in Plunket College on Monday mornings and at other times by appointment only. For further information please contact West at 8851384 or by e.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Disability Support Officer (DSO) is threefold:
1. To offer support to individual students and groups of students
2. To offer support and training to college staff
3. To raise awareness of disability/equality issues among the student body
Supports available to students include:
• Sampling and sourcing appropriate assistive technology and specialised software to meet the requirements of individual students.
• Completing funding applications in order to provide classroom support such as note takers, ISL Interpreters and Personal Assistants (PA’s)
• Individual dyslexia tuition
• Assistance with study skills and time management techniques
• Assistance with the preparation of coursework and assignments
• Information and advice on examination accommodations such as scribes and readers
PLC students are eligible for Maintenance Grants which are means tested. All new applications will be made ONLINE to SUSI (Student Universal Support Ireland). Students will have access to information about SUSI grants, BTEA and VTOS funding. Eligible students may be entitled to creche places.
The College welcomes applications from internation students provided that such students satisfy all the requirements of the immigration authorities and are deemed eligible by the Department of Education and Skills to participate in our courses.
We have many international students attending programmes in the college at the present time and their presence contributes greatly to the life of the college in terms of richness and diversity.
Mobileye | technician | Plunket College | Motor Technology | Vehicle Maintenance | Advanced Driver Assistance System | (ADAS) | Mechanics | PLC
Senator | David Norris | visit | Plunket College |
Repeating may seem like the end of the world but the dedicated and hard-working teachers and staff at Plunket College make repeating less stressful. I'd recommend it to anyone.
"I never thought that I would go to university because of Leaving Cert points, never mind have the opportunity to study in an area (Psychology) where it is so difficult to get a place. I owe how well I did in university in no small part to the year I spent on the Counselling & Psychology course in Plunket College; it was indispensable in getting me where I am now, a second year Psychology student in NUI Maynooth.