Senior Tutor / Coordinator - Leaving Certficate, Repeat Leaving Certificate, Post Leaving Certificate, VTOS and BTEI
CDETB Psychological Service
College Care Team
Disability Support Officer (HEA)
NBSS (National Behaviour Support Service)
Student Award Scheme
Gaeltacht Scholarships (CDETB)
Study Skills Seminars
Book Rental Scheme Information evenings
Trips - local, national and abroad
Each class group has a Co-Ordinator / Tutor who provides on-going support and advice to the students in addition to maintaining records and monitoring progress.
Career Guidance and Counselling service
This service is available to all students throughout the year. Students may contact the Guidance Counsellor at any time for an appointment.
Disability Support Service
The CDVEC Disability Support Service (DSS) is a partnership project between the National Learning Network and the City of Dublin Vocational Education Committee. The Disability Support Officer, West Connolly is currently available in Plunket College on Monday mornings and at other times by appointment only. For further information please contact West at 087 967 8134 or by e.mail: email@example.com
The role of the Disability Support Officer (DSO) is threefold:
1. To offer support to individual students and groups of students
2. To offer support and training to college staff
3. To raise awareness of disability/equality issues among the student body
Supports available to students include:
• Sampling and sourcing appropriate assistive technology and specialised software to meet the requirements of individual students.
• Completing funding applications in order to provide classroom support such as note takers, ISL Interpreters and Personal Assistants (PA’s)
• Individual dyslexia tuition
• Assistance with study skills and time management techniques
• Assistance with the preparation of coursework and assignments
• Information and advice on examination accommodations such as scribes and readers
Buses servicing Plunket College of Further Education
Dublin Bus routes: 1, 11, 13a, 16, 16a, 33, 41, 41a, 41b, 41c
Matthews coaches from Drogheda, Dundalk, Bettystown & Laytown all stop in Whitehall directly outside Plunket College of Further Education, Bus Eireann.
The college is 15 minutes walk from Drumcondra Railway Station.